Rules and Conditions
- Amateurs only: The definition of an amateur performer is a person who does not make a paid career out of performing. The majority of their income does not come from performing.
- Contestants cannot enter if they are employed (receive numeration) from Hughenden Country Music.
- Material: All material must be country. Exceptions apply to Novelty Sections.
- Judges: The decision of the judges will be final and no discussion or correspondence will be entered into regarding their adjudication. The judge’s opinion is just that, based on his/her knowledge and experience in the country music industry and should be taken in the spirit that it is given.
- Backing: All backing must be live, no musical effects, music machine or drum machines. Synthesisers/keyboards can be used as a piano sound only. Disqualification will result if you ignore this rule. Guitar pedal effects are permitted. Sound and stage equipment will be provided and will be the only equipment used on stage. (Drums supplied). Anyone requiring a keyboard must supply their own.
- Nominations: A contestant will only appear once in any section. No late nominations will be taken.
Under NO circumstances will there be any refund of nominations fees.
- Contestants: All contestants must register with the Stage Manager at least 30 minutes in advance of their particular section and be prepared to perform in the order they are placed. Failure to do this will result in being declared absent. At NO time, is any contestant allowed to approach the judges or adjudication area. Failure to abide by this rule may result in disqualification.
- Backing Band: If the Backing Band is required, contestants must supply 4 copies of legible chord charts.
- Dress Code: All contestants and backing artists must be suitably dressed. Under no circumstances will thongs or singlets be permitted on stage. Contestants are reminded that country style dress form part of their performance and will be judged accordingly.
- Duo Vocal: Two contestants only. Backing band may be used.
- Solo Sections: Live instrumental backing only. NO vocal harmonies.
- Age Grouping: Pee Wee 8 years and under (not yet 9)
Juvenile 11 years and under (not yet 12)
Junior 12 – 17 years (not yet 18)
Adult 18 years and over
Golden Oldies 60 +
Open – Open to all ages
- Official Areas: The office, judges and sound mixing areas are not areas for congregation for contestants or friends. Please keep away from these areas unless you have official business.
- Adjudication Sheets: Sheets will be available at the conclusion of the festival after presentation.
- Stage Behaviour: Under NO circumstances will verbal discrimination be tolerated on stage. Alcohol must not be consumed on the stage.
- FINALS: First placegettersonly will appear in the finals. A different song must be sung to that performed throughout the weekend. Does not need to be a song pertaining to the section you won in. Each person will appear once only in the Finals with the exception of Duo.
- Presentations: The committee requests that all section winners remain in their performance outfits until after the presentation and photos.
- Prize moneyand Trophies: Will be awarded to the first, second and third placegetters in each section.
- People’s Choice Award: This will be determined by a count of votes from audience voting forms.
- Personal Items: Hughenden Country Music committee will not be held responsible for any loss or damage to such items.
- The Committee of The Hughenden Country Music Festival reserves the right to alter the Rules and Conditions at their discretion without prior notice and may cancel any section should there be insufficient nominations.
- Judging: Contestants will be judged on many areas including, country content, use of stage, expression, timing, suitability of material, microphone technique, pitch, breathing, appropriate dress, presentation, diction and entertainment value.
- Glass Bottles are notpermitted.
- Domestic animals of any kind are not permitted inside the venue.
- The organisers reserve the right to refuse admission to, or request the departure of, people behaving in an undesirable manner.
- Licensing Commission Laws apply at this festival.
- NO BYO Alcohol will be permitted into the venue.
- A Bar will operate at competitive prices.
- Food will be available from the canteen at competitive prices.
I certify that I have read and understood the Conditions and Rules pertaining to this festival and I agree to abide by them.
(Witness by an adult if completed by a minor)
Mail entry form pages 1 & 3 with cheque or money order to:
Hughenden Country Music Assoc Inc.
P.O. Box 33
Or E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Direct Debit: Hughenden Country Music Assoc Inc.
BSB: 084 714
Account No. 91 058 5415
MEDIA RELEASE (Please sign)
As an entrant in the 2021 Hughenden Country Music Festival, I hereby give my permission for my photograph or my child’s photograph, taken over the duration of the Hughenden Country Music Festival to be used in media promotions on the Official Website, Facebook and for any other media release.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE, PLEASE SEE ONE OF THE ADMINISTRATORS SO WE CAN TAKE NOTE
2021 HUGHENDEN COUNTRY MUSIC FESTIVAL NOMINATION FORM
TOWN/CITY: _________________________________________ POSTCODE:_________________________
DOB: _______/_________/_________ (Junior, Juvenile and Pee Wee Only)
SIGNED:____________________________Signed by Parent if contestant is under 18.